What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Creating new bot platform

F

flowercannon

Hi.

I recently joined this community looking for osrs bots after gaining interest in botting.

I was a bit dissatisfied with available bots, due to them being either too expensive to be feasible (RuneMate), or being too simple or ineffective against detection in the long term, so I decided to create my own RL plugin late last year to implement a botting platform and provide a viable API.

A video demo of a simple mouse movement bot is below (watch in 1080p):

I switched over to OpenOSRS as a base after needing to do some lower-level inspection and modification of the osrs source since RL no longer has the mix-in or injection system publicly included.

It's taking a bit longer than I expected to create the bot plugin, because writing a solid platform from scratch is a bit too much of an undertaking for one person.

I'm at a point now where I can actually start writing bots, but the api is still a work-in-progress since I'm just adding things as I go along. The most it can do right now is log into a user and perform a few tutorial island steps.

As such If you're interested in helping build the platform, either as a script writer or helping with the core platform itself, hit me up. Or if you'd like to see more videos or pictures of what it currently looks like and what it can do, hit me up as well.

CrimsonVex

CrimsonVex

Is there any way custom openrs plugins can be detected? In terms of client detection..

F

flowercannon

Not really, no. They would have to be looking for something very specific, like a specific plugin name, class name, etc to be able to tell, and even that is not a very good method of detection.

whiteness

whiteness

any updates on this? looks pretty neat and would like to see if anything new was added

R

Rottenrune

So after watching that mouse demo....I noticed at 1minute...there is a window that looks to be showing about 600 pre-done mouse movements kind of as a library...like similar to brute force text library files.
Am I'm correct in my thought on that?

Now I understand those are probably randomized...but even with 600 different choices....wouldn't a pattern start to show up after say....6000 movements.

Maybe this is where knowing how long it takes to do the 600 different mouse movements and limit the bot run time to that? Right?

Almost finished reading everything on this site. 😆

Asentrix

Asentrix

Administrator
Owner
Leaker
VIP
Developer
So after watching that mouse demo....I noticed at 1minute...there is a window that looks to be showing about 600 pre-done mouse movements kind of as a library...like similar to brute force text library files.

Now I understand those are probably randomized...but even with 600 different choices....wouldn't a pattern start to show up after say....6000 movements.

Maybe this is where knowing how long it takes to do the 600 different mouse movements and limit the bot run time to that? Right?

A pattern would start to show yeah, no matter how realistic the movements look, to someone analyzing the movements it's very obvious it's a bot

R

Rottenrune

A pattern would start to show yeah, no matter how realistic the movements look, to someone analyzing the movements it's very obvious it's a bot
Seems like a randomization of the randomization would be nice... thats possible right? Couldn't you just add a 2nd randomization argument/function(excuse my lack of proper terms...arguments and functions are two different things right?)
that takes the variables from the first randomization output and changes it ever so slightly?

Asentrix

Asentrix

Administrator
Owner
Leaker
VIP
Developer
Seems like a randomization of the randomization would be nice... thats possible right? Couldn't you just add a 2nd randomization argument/function(excuse my lack of proper terms...arguments and functions are two different things right?)
that takes the variables from the first randomization output and changes it ever so slightly?
Although that random would have some sort of pattern to it as well, the best approach imo is biometrics :)

R

Rottenrune

Although that random would have some sort of pattern to it as well, the best approach imo is biometrics :)
yea, that makes sense... damn patterns lol

I did read your thread about the biometrics. I totally agree with that being the da way. I dont think its over kill if the ban rate
is hella reduced. :)

R

ryandh94

Almost finished reading everything on this site.
idk much about what you said. i think it was about you going to a library but is it possible for him to be splicing them? taking a chunk off of one and putting a different chunk on to it? or is it more of a static library? from what you could guess.

R

ryandh94

isnt biomatrics randomization but with input from a user as a base?

im not talking alot about this but i been working on a secret project im trying to use machine learning lately and i lost what i was saying bye. ;)

F

flowercannon

Yep, that's true.
idk much about what you said. i think it was about you going to a library but is it possible for him to be splicing them? taking a chunk off of one and putting a different chunk on to it? or is it more of a static library? from what you could guess.
Yes, there is splicing done in there of paths, some transformations, etc. From what I've observed, when the mouse speed is not too fast, detection can be avoided pretty well. But more sophisticated methods would be needed to improve the mouse stuff.
I wanted to look into using randomisation of the data points on the human mouse paths themselves at path selection time to decrease detection, but depending on the algorithm for randomisation that could still be detectable. It would require me doing some statistical modelling and crunching some data to see how well that would work, but I haven't done any statistical stuff in a while and i'm feeling a bit lazy right now :3. However, yeah, actually over the past few days I've been mulling over the idea of coming up with an algorithm for the randomisation. I'll try to be more active here and post my sketches and stuff so you can see the progress and my shitty brainstorming!

I wanted to get into using machine learning to learn and generate mouse paths, but I don't really have the time or interest right now in doing that, vis-a-vis re-learning machine learning stuff.

I had stopped development for a few months, I wasn't feeling well and was busy with school and dealing with other personal issues so I had set that aside for a bit. I might get back into it within the next few weeks.

I had some videos made before to demonstrate functionality from a few months back, I'll try finding them and posting some stuff to showcase the progress, and possibly the current api and some scripts I had made.
Post automatically merged:

any updates on this? looks pretty neat and would like to see if anything new was added
Sorry about the long delay! Here is a video. I had a lot of stuff I was working on I didn't record, so I'll probably upload some code as well and/or some screenshots soon.

Last edited:
H

Hunamong

Looks exciting, update is pretty sick as well

U

Umbra

Will admit that does look pretty sweet. Keep us updated on your progress!

B

botting.rs

nice work, like how random the mouse movement is, hopefully it helps with lower detection rates