minimizing ban chance

AAlpha

AAlpha

Oct 24, 2019
Credits
While I have botted a few times in the past, I've never designed my own before. Using winautomation I could easily throw together a basic script to go chop the same few trees over and over, but I'm fairly certain it would be banned nearly immediately. So a question for the more experienced, what are the characteristics of a good, natural looking bot?

I can think of the obvious, don't click the same pixel every time. randomize mouse movement, don't move the mouse directly to the target, randomize camera movement, don't have it type or click faster than a human reasonable could, that kind of thing. But I would be interested to know if anyone knows of any other lesser known macro flags worth mentioning.

AAlpha

AAlpha

Oct 24, 2019
Credits
I'm guessing that is far more complicated than it sounds. What's the usual method of doing so?

AAlpha

AAlpha

Oct 24, 2019
Credits
I see. As I understand it though, colour detection is fairly easy for jagex to pick out. Any tricks to mask it?

Soxs

Soxs

RL+ Developer
Oct 12, 2019
IntelliJ
runelite.plus
Credits
You can add some randomisation to click in a radius around that colour.
Further more if you use the RL+ highlighter it will colour objects and NPC's in runescape a solid colour that you specify, like this:

Reactions: AAlpha
Asentrix

Asentrix

Administrator
Owner
Developer
Oct 2, 2019
Credits
Just wanted to add on, color detection isn' t exactly easy to detect
When you pick a color you can add a tolerance level

This means if your specific color isn't found, and the tolerance level allows it, it will click a very similar color :)
you can also just use image detection rather than pixel/color
Like moving the mouse to specific icons
That being said I've used very basic scripts before pretty heavily as you mentioned and never been touched, so I wouldn't worry too much

AAlpha

AAlpha

Oct 24, 2019
Credits
I am a little paranoid in the way of botting. Back in the day I foolishly botted an account using a less than reputable client and wound up banned. That account had a party hat. Its been over a decade and I'm still salty.
Is this colour system feasible in RS3?

Reactions: Asentrix
Asentrix

Asentrix

Administrator
Owner
Developer
Oct 2, 2019
Credits
I am a little paranoid in the way of botting. Back in the day I foolishly botted an account using a less than reputable client and wound up banned. That account had a party hat. Its been over a decade and I'm still salty.
Is this colour system feasible in RS3?
Damn I would be salty too
Also, it works fine in RS3 but RS3 does have a more intense bot watch
Just a general rule of thumb, only bot if you're willing to get banned, although currently no one has been banned, it could always happen
Try out botting on an alt for a while and see how you like it, and what results you get :)

AAlpha

AAlpha

Oct 24, 2019
Credits
The worst part? Someone who picked up that party hat at the actual event and had a few of them gave it to me for free sometime in 2004. The more I think about it the more I kick myself.
I've just had a thought. Winautomation has a function to record mouse and keyboard inputs and then play them back. Would it be possible to say, record 2 hours of natural game play, log out in the same spot you started in then play it back at a later date?
the mouse and camera movements would be natural
does jagex check for that kind of thing I wonder?

Asentrix

Asentrix

Administrator
Owner
Developer
Oct 2, 2019
Credits
When winautomation records those keys, it sends the keys back as text, to the chatbox, not as input
A workaround is using autohotkey, and dynamically editing the camera movement value
Also I wouldn't recommend any sort of macro recording/playing back if you're trying to avoid bans honestly lol
It is possible though, but the camera movement thing needs to be third party

AAlpha

AAlpha

Oct 24, 2019
Credits
I see. well that ideas out then.
regarding botting on an alt, whats the likelihood of my main being banned as well?
would using a vpn make a difference?

Asentrix

Asentrix

Administrator
Owner
Developer
Oct 2, 2019
Credits
Never, they don't chain ban at all unless you're achinese goldfarmer or RWT/share the RWT gold with alts
you will be fine :)

Reactions: Eccdil and AAlpha
AAlpha

AAlpha

Oct 24, 2019
Credits
Are you sure? While I know youtuber life is not the norm, I have seen a couple youtubers have all their accounts banned for botting on one
is that the outlier case?

Asentrix

Asentrix

Administrator
Owner
Developer
Oct 2, 2019
Credits
Yep if you're referring to crumb, I'm pretty sure he was banned for botting on multiple accounts because he mass botted
had something like 20 accounts running at one point for a "trick or treat" thing
he was also trading people which probably got him flagged

AAlpha

AAlpha

Oct 24, 2019
Credits
Right... so keep the volume to a minimum.
Alright I think I've got enough info for some preliminary experimentation. thank you kindly

Reactions: Asentrix
Eccdil

Eccdil

Oct 16, 2019
Credits
Right... so keep the volume to a minimum.
Alright I think I've got enough info for some preliminary experimentation. thank you kindly
Make sure to include randomization too and you should be set! :)

CrimsonVex

CrimsonVex

Mar 11, 2020
Australia
Credits
When winautomation records those keys, it sends the keys back as text, to the chatbox, not as input
A workaround is using autohotkey, and dynamically editing the camera movement value
Also I wouldn't recommend any sort of macro recording/playing back if you're trying to avoid bans honestly lol
It is possible though, but the camera movement thing needs to be third party
Could you expand more on which third party camera and how?