Varrock copper / tin miner & banker - Botting.rs - Open Source Runescape Bots Varrock copper / tin miner & banker - Botting.rs - Open Source Runescape Bots Varrock copper / tin miner & banker - Botting.rs - Open Source Runescape Bots

Varrock copper / tin miner & banker

FullMe7alJacke7

FullMe7alJacke7

Credits
Hey everyone here is one of the simple bots I made recently. It mines copper and tin ore out of Varrock East and banks it, then runs back. Rinse and repeat.

Issues: None that I'm aware of.

Requirements:
Character Dumper
Human Mouse Movements Wrapper

(as well as the usual tools you probably already have)
Runelite+ Soxs Plugin Loader
WinAutomation

Color Bot Helper Settings
1573453124153.png

Setup:
The "Setti.ngs" file attached contains the settings file for runelite.plus
Drag and drop it into your "Runeliteplus\config\data" folder and replace your current settings file, or move it out of the directory for re-use later.

Place the other "settings" file that contains the ground marker data into your .runelite folder usually found in "C:\Users\Username\.runelite"
Also make sure you delete or move the old settings file in a different directory for later use.
  1. Go To Varrock East Bank.
  2. Equip pickaxe of choice.
  3. Click Compass.
  4. Set camera to all the way up.
  5. Zoom camera all the way out.
  6. Click Run.

If you copy the config file correctly, the Camera Zoom should be turned off and the Ground Markers should be turned on.

EDIT: Removed Character Name from downloadable content.

Attachments

Last edited:
Rangr

Rangr

Developer
Credits
Awesome additional content for the community, going to run it and leave some feedback after. Keep up the progress

FullMe7alJacke7

FullMe7alJacke7

Credits
Thanks! Looking forward to the feedback! If all goes well I can move it to an actual resource download with approval of course :)

Just ran it unattended for 2 hours straight and had no issues.

PassingSorrow

PassingSorrow

Credits
So i began having a poke at your script but immediately encountered a problem. Having the script search a portion of the screen is fine however different users have different sized windows.

Starting at Varrock East Bank, the script kept failing to find the blue squares on the minimap/ground as WinAutomation was looking in a different spot for me. (Usng the tinybot VMware) 1280 x 800 resolution, full screen RuneLite.

Of course this can't be helped really, but worth a note. I went through and fixed it up but this would be botlike if its always clicking in the same spot. Seems to be working now.

Asentrix

Asentrix

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Credits
So i began having a poke at your script but immediately encountered a problem. Having the script search a portion of the screen is fine however different users have different sized windows.

Starting at Varrock East Bank, the script kept failing to find the blue squares on the minimap/ground as WinAutomation was looking in a different spot for me. (Usng the tinybot VMware) 1280 x 800 resolution, full screen RuneLite.

Of course this can't be helped really, but worth a note. I went through and fixed it up but this would be botlike if its always clicking in the same spot. Seems to be working now.
This is why I started making all of my scripts in fixed window fullscreen mode
Should be compatible with everyone's setup, from 1280x720 all the way to 4k

PassingSorrow

PassingSorrow

Credits
This is why I started making all of my scripts in fixed window fullscreen mode
Should be compatible with everyone's setup, from 1280x720 all the way to 4k
There's definitely more redundancy for different users that way.

I would like to add;

The script itself is really nicely written and has some great ideas in it but unfortunately has some struggles starting to mine due to the different screen size detection method.

I spent the past 30 minutes fiddling around trying to get it to start mining, but it fails at finding the image for copper and tin, even on full screen detection as the character doesn't make it to the mine in time before the 'waiting for image' fails and the whole script breaks. Could choose to increase the wait time, but its better to add some sort of redundancy in there.

When the script breaks i found myself heading back to the bank to start again.

Maybe I'm just stupid.

FullMe7alJacke7

FullMe7alJacke7

Credits
There's definitely more redundancy for different users that way.

I would like to add;

The script itself is really nicely written and has some great ideas in it but unfortunately has some struggles starting to mine due to the different screen size detection method.

I spent the past 30 minutes fiddling around trying to get it to start mining, but it fails at finding the image for copper and tin, even on full screen detection as the character doesn't make it to the mine in time before the 'waiting for image' fails and the whole script breaks. Could choose to increase the wait time, but its better to add some sort of redundancy in there.

When the script breaks i found myself heading back to the bank to start again.

Maybe I'm just stupid.

I believe I did deign this for fixed size as well, I run this on a 1220x3440 screen, I'm not familiar with the way it works when winauto is running on different resolutions. I do see how that could be an issue there. I'm sure a simple inventory check before the bank can be tweaked.

It checks the whole window for ore deposits so normally it's able to see them from anywhere in the blue squares.
A way to fix it might be to re-setup the areas where it should be scanning, but I can see how that would be pretty tedious. I'll look into it this week probably.

Last edited:
OSRS-User-39229

OSRS-User-39229

Developer
Credits
Made a guide on how to navigate this common issue in WA: https://botting.rs/threads/subregions-defining-and-why-its-a-bad-idea-for-public-shared-wa-scripts.194/

Also tuned up the script a bit to not depend on subregions but still work (I also had to change the green color to another because the HP/Prayer/Run stats text is same green color). I included modified .waj and settings.properties in ZIP with unchanged Sett.ings file for RL+.

One behavior I noticed due to the logic of the script - it mis-clicked a few times on the ores, so character didn't immediately show mining animation after click, and after it mined 1 ore, it immediately started heading back to bank. I was like "hmm very effective at capping XP/hr lol". Not a big issue, just change the logic up on how u wanna detect when an inventory is "full" and start heading back.

Good script for F2P otherwise, someone needed to make it :)

Attachments

FullMe7alJacke7

FullMe7alJacke7

Credits
Made a guide on how to navigate this common issue in WA: https://botting.rs/threads/subregions-defining-and-why-its-a-bad-idea-for-public-shared-wa-scripts.194/

Also tuned up the script a bit to not depend on subregions but still work (I also had to change the green color to another because the HP/Prayer/Run stats text is same green color). I included modified .waj and settings.properties in ZIP with unchanged Sett.ings file for RL+.

One behavior I noticed due to the logic of the script - it mis-clicked a few times on the ores, so character didn't immediately show mining animation after click, and after it mined 1 ore, it immediately started heading back to bank. I was like "hmm very effective at capping XP/hr lol". Not a big issue, just change the logic up on how u wanna detect when an inventory is "full" and start heading back.

Hey thanks for updating the script! I'll check it out when I can. Been wrapped up in playing twisted league :)

InstaBan

InstaBan

Credits

So what colour did you change the green to?

OSRS-User-39229

OSRS-User-39229

Developer
Credits

So what colour did you change the green to?
I didn't record the hex colour tbh, but I also updated the colour tile in the settings.properties file in the ZIP if you want to load it yourself and see. You could screenshot your client with tiles visible, and download paint.net, then paste, get colour dropper tool out and click the tile to see the hex colour I changed it to.

Top Bottom